Capitec Bank is a leading South African retail bank that focuses on essential banking services and offers innovative retail transaction, savings, insurance and unsecured lending products. Capitec’s mission is to make banking simple and transparent to help customers – regardless of income or asset level – improve their financial lives through a unique solution, called Global One.
Job Description: Statement of Purpose
Capitec is modernizing its systems and a big part of that is for us to build more of our systems in AWS.
We need to ensure that we streamline all areas of cloud adoption within Capitec Bank and we are currently looking for strong Solution Architects who can help us achieve this.
We are looking for Solution Architects with a strong AWS background who can help Capitec teams ensure their current solutions are cloud ready and, if not, help them with a roadmap that will help them get there. We currently have opportunities available within various product teams within Capitec.
We are looking for someone who understands modern design principles and will be able to help mentor other architects to become world class.
Do you think you have what it takes?
Then contact and apply for the opportunity.
Roles and responsibilities
* Work directly with other software architects to accelerate their projects and recommend best-practice architectures based on their long-term business results
* Build technical relationships with other software architects and act as a trusted advisor. The best interests of the client will shape the advice you provide.
* Share the voice of the customer to inform the AWS feature roadmap.
* Participate in the creation and sharing of best practices, technical content and new reference architectures (eg white papers, sample code, blog posts).
* Advocate and educate on AWS technology (e.g. through workshops, user groups, meetups, public speaking, videos, or online conferences).
* Contribute to the growth of the Solutions Architecture organization by interviewing candidates and having a voice in hiring decisions. You will also help others develop new skills by mentoring team members.
* Develop areas of depth in technical areas relevant to your interests and your client’s results.
* More than 10 years of experience in IT delivery, including at least 2 years of experience in architecture
* More than 4 years of experience in designing solutions
* 4+ years of experience as a Solution Architect
* Experience in financial services
Experience must be in end-to-end and full-stack design
End-to-end – able to design a solution, which includes all components, ensuring that all end users are properly served in production
Fully stackable design for each component of the solution addressing functional (application), non-functional (platform), and infrastructure and cloud services
Diplomas / Certifications
* A relevant tertiary qualification in Information Technology
* Grade 12/Professional National Certificate
* A relevant graduate degree
* AWS Solutions Architect Associate and/or professional certification
* System architecture (technical design and implementation process)
* Systems analysis and design
* Agile systems development process (CI/CD standards and agile delivery methods)
* A solid understanding of modern software development environments
* Component-based and service-oriented architecture
* Design and deliver resilient solutions
* Policies, standards, templates and best practices
* Financial services solutions environment
Solid understanding of:
* Banking business model
* Business process modeling
* Business analysis
* Cloud architectures
* Culture and principles of DevOps development
* Communication skills
* Attention to detail
* Business thinking skills
* Animation skills
* Skills in business process modeling (IDEF-0, financial modeling, enterprise architect, BPMN, etc.)
* Negotiation Techniques
* Skills for problem solving
* Analytical skills
* Decide and initiate action
* Learning and research
* Create and Innovate
* Formulation of strategies and concepts
* Persuade and influence
* Present and communicate information
* Application of expertise and technology
* Deliver results and meet client expectations
* Adapt and respond to change
* Dealing with pressures and setbacks
Conditions of employment
* Clear criminal and credit record
Capitec is committed to diversity and, where possible, all appointments will support the achievement of our employment equity goals.
- Solution design
- A whole package