DEFINE the technology roadmap and principles to guide the business strategy vision, innovation and advancement of a rapidly evolving financial services group seeking your expertise as the next enterprise architect. Your role will include consulting with project teams to implement business solutions, researching and evaluating new technologies, tools and methods while consolidating the architecture’s input to the business plan. The successful incumbent should preferably possess a Business Science/Information Systems/Engineering degree and certification from the Open Group Architecture Forum or similar working knowledge of at least 10+ years in an IT architecture role with 5+ in middle management preferred. in the retail and/or financial services industry and a proven track record in defining, driving and monitoring the implementation of future architecture and technology best practices.
- Define the technology roadmap and rules (principles) that bring together business strategy, IT industry best practices and technology developments/innovations.
- Educate business management, technology staff, and outsourcing partners on the roadmap, rules/principles, and rationale for them.
- Consult to project teams implementing business solutions.
- Assess compliance with roadmap and rules/principles.
- In support of these key responsibilities –
- Research and evaluate new technologies, tools and methods.
- Motivate (and execute, as appropriate) projects to determine the appropriate application of technologies.
- Consolidate architecture’s contributions to the business plan.
- Ensure full alignment between the business plan (strategy) and the technology roadmap.
Key deliverables –
- Position papers on new or improved technologies and facilitating technology adoption decisions.
- Reference Architecture – including principles, standards and guidelines, as well as 3-year technology roadmap and transition plan.
- Validate that project-specific technology decisions are fully aligned with the technology roadmap.
- Evaluations of the functional and technical quality of the technological set.
- Preferably a degree in business sciences, information systems or engineering.
- Preferably Open Group Architecture Forum certification, or similar, or working knowledge of architecture methodologies and best practices.
- 10+ years of professional experience in an IT architecture role.
- 5+ years of experience at the middle to senior management level, preferably in the retail and/or financial services industries.
- Proven experience in defining, driving and monitoring the implementation of future state architecture and technology best practices.
- Working knowledge of retail and/or consumer credit systems.
- Working knowledge of the latest digital technology trends, design thinking, and interoperability/open architecture best practices and technologies.
- Experience in managing relationships with outsourcing partners will be advantageous.
- Overview / Systems Thinking.
- Clarity and simplicity of communication.
- Strong presentation skills (written, verbal and presentation-related).
- Articulated, rational, coherent and persuasive.
- Shrewd, disciplined and focused on achieving business goals.
- Analytical, conceptualization and problem-solving skills.
Although we would really like to respond to every application, if you are not contacted for this position within 10 working days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for a job, make sure you meet the minimum job requirements. OnlySouth African citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not at the stated location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all job applications and correspondence. Please email a word copy of your CV to [Email Address Removed] and mention the reference numbers of the works. We have a job listing on [URL Removed] Datafin IT Recruitment – Jobs in Cape Town.
Find out more/Apply to this position