The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
ENERGY – GENERATION AND DISTRIBUTION OF ELECTRICITY
TCOE SALARY FROM R870,029 PER YEAR – REF NO: NRG 19/22
- BTech Diploma in Project Management AND National Diploma (Electrical Engineering)
- Minimum of five (5) years of post-graduate or directly applicable and acceptable experience in a power distribution system and project management environment with exposure to a wide range of technologies
- Code B driving license
- Extensive exposure to a design and project management environment
- In-depth knowledge of electrical distribution equipment
- Good knowledge of security legislation and practices
- Excellent project management skills
- A high level of computer knowledge
- Extensive exposure to a project management environment.
Key performance areas:
- Develop frameworks to guide the implementation of multiple projects, including coordinating project processes to ensure collaboration and integration across multiple business units and stakeholders
- Perform project monitoring and evaluation functions such as monitoring and reporting on issues related to budget, performance, impact and risks in relation to plans, objectives, targets and project indicators
- Manage the project portfolio of the project implementation division, including monitoring project readiness for all projects, monitoring cash flow and participating in monthly project coordination meetings by area
- Manage specific transversal or territorial projects
- Participate in the contractual management of the section
- Coordinate specific administrative and reporting requirements such as writing detailed technical reports on specialist investigations as well as project progress and funding.
Please apply online at [URL Removed] (external candidates) or via the SAP portal (internal candidates), unless otherwise specified.
By submitting your application for a position with the City of Cape Town, you consent that the personal information submitted as part of your application may be used for the purpose of the recruitment and selection process.
Deadline: March 25, 2022
- Please quote the vacancy reference number in all communications.
- Certified copies of qualifications should be available upon request.
- Copies of supporting documents will not be returned.
- Please note that nominations will not be acknowledged in writing.
- Visit our website at [URL Removed]
- No late application will be considered.
- If no nomination notification is received within three (3) months of the closing date, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
- Electrical engineering
- Project management
Find out more/Apply to this position