The January 2022 transfer window is open (find out when it closes here) and there’s a lot of gossip swirling about who’s moving where. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest buzz on rumors, whereabouts and, of course, the deals!
TOP STORY: Laporta confident he will land in Haaland
Barcelona president Joan Laporta believes his club can sign the Borussia Dortmund forward Erling Haaland in summer, according to Marca.
The Norway international is Laporta’s top priority and he insists that the Blaugrana will have the funds to move on to the next transfer window.
He is said to have said “I will sign Haaland next summer” to colleagues behind closed doors, as well as Mino Raiola and the striker’s father, Alf-Inge Haaland, about the sports plan at Camp Nou.
There is well-documented competition from Real Madrid, but Haaland would be considered less of a star name at Los Blancos, especially due to their pursuit of Paris Saint-Germain Kylian Mbappé.
At Barcelona, the 21-year-old is guaranteed to be Xavi Hernandez’s main man to build his squad.
There will also be some exciting talents he can partner with, with Ansu Fati, Pedri and now Ferran Torres already at Barcelona, as they are said to be optimistic about making more signings.
While Barcelona will still have to figure out how to pay Haaland what he is worth, they also hope to persuade him that being their main man will give him greater earning power in off-court deals.
Outside of Spain, Manchester City are said to be Barcelona’s main competition, while Manchester United and Paris Saint-Germain are also monitoring the situation.
– FC 100: Messi, Lewandowski are n ° 1; Dominatrix in the Premier League
– Stream ESPN FC Daily on ESPN + (US only)
– You don’t have ESPN? Access immediately
– Diario Sport offered a glimpse of Arsenal Philippe Coutinho interest, saying the Gunners want a no-obligation loan to permanently sign the Brazil international. Arsenal also want a cut in the 29-year-old’s salary – whether it comes from Coutinho taking a pay cut or Barcelona complementing them. There have also been talks with Everton, Leicester City and Tottenham Hotspur, while the ex-Liverpool man has apparently no interest in signing for Newcastle United.
– As Ralf Rangnick tries to unite the Manchester United squad, there are up to 11 players who want to leave the club, according to The Mirror. The four players named in the report are Jesse Lingard, Donny van de Beek, Eric Bailly and Dean Henderson, who all became frustrated with the lack of playing time.
– Neil Henderson (@hendopolis) January 4, 2022
– Newcastle United have agreed to fees of around £ 12million plus additions for Atletico Madrid right-back Kieran Trippier, according to Sky Sports, the England international is preparing to travel to Tyneside for medical and personal conditions which should not be a problem. The Magpies don’t stop there, as the Telegraph has suggested they are also targeting Sevilla center-back Diego Carlos.
– Juventus recently contacted Paris Saint-Germain about the possibility of signing Mauro icardi, according to L’Equipe. While the French giants are ready to let the Argentina international go, they are only willing to let him go permanently, rather than for a loan period.
– Calciomercato says Napoli, Internazionale and AC Milan are all interested in signing Empoli left-back Fabien Parisi. However, Empoli doesn’t feel the need to let the players go in January, so he will look to keep him at least until the summer, so as not to offload the 22-year-old before he has had the chance to show his full potential in Serie A.