South Africa vs India: Aakash Chopra predicts the winner of the test series

SA vs IND: Aakash Chopra predicts Test Series winner© Instagram

Former Indian team player Aakash Chopra has spoken about the upcoming South Africa vs India test round and also predicted his winner. Speaking on his YouTube channel, Chopra pointed out some reasons why the Indian team might struggle to win their first round of tests against the Proteas in their lair. He gave India a 49% chance of winning the series against South Africa‘s 51%. He went on to say that if the series didn’t end in a draw, South Africa could very possibly be the winner.

“It’s going to be interesting but I think it could be a draw. 51 percent from South Africa, 49 percent from India. That’s what I’m thinking right now. If a team wins, I think. that it will be South Africa, “he said.

Chopra explained how South Africa’s chances of claiming the series were reduced after the exclusion of race leader Anrich Nortje.

“I don’t see India winning this right now, I mean it’s difficult. I would have said 2-1 for South Africa if Nortje played. Nortje is not there; I say that this series can end again at 1-1. There is a chance of a test draw, the first test could be in slight difficulty due to the rain, “he added.

Chopra said the South African squad is a work in progress and is still in a transitional phase, following the retirement of some of its seniors.


“It’s not that the South African team are flying high. I think they are starting to regroup very well. The World Cup has shown they have the players, where things fall into place. but it’s still a team in transition, ”he said.

The first test is scheduled to start from December 26 at Centurion’s SuperSport Park.

Topics mentioned in this article

About Mitchel McMillan

Check Also

Zuma in South Africa slams corruption report as ‘irrational’ | News | DW

Former South African President Jacob Zuma plans to challenge the findings of a court report …