A forward-thinking insurance specialist in Pretoria is seeking the technical expertise of a SysOps Engineer to join his Medtech team. Your primary role will be to install the server system, configuration updates, operate and maintain system hardware and software, and manage system failures, etc. You will also need to troubleshoot and maintain servers, user accounts, security, etc., and be responsible for disk space management as well as backup. The ideal candidate should have Grade 12 / Matrix, 3 year Computer Science / Engineering Graduate Diploma, Azure Certification and preferably be Linux Certified and have an MCSA with 2+ active years of Azure experience and 3 + years in a similar role or System Administrator / DevOps. You will also need Linux (Ubuntu / Debian and Centos / RedHat), PostgreSQL, MSSQL and MySQL & DevOps and Agile principles. Any configuration and maintenance Bash, OpenVPN, IPSec, HTTPD / Apache2 and Nginx, DNS, HTTP, LDAP, SMTP and SNMP & Firewall including FireWallD and IPTables is preferable and will prove to be extremely beneficial.
- Install, configure and maintain servers and workstations.
- Be involved in the design, implementation, securing and maintenance of IT systems in its test, development and production environment.
- Monitor important services and servers, troubleshoot server issues, and ensure that proper backup is provided for network equipment configurations.
- Manage infrastructure systems using configuration management tools.
- Automate deployment and continuous integration using Azure.
- Perform proper management of all devices using Patch Management.
- Support user requests and resolve all issues related to Linux servers and workstations.
- Make sure that data is constantly backed up and easily accessible to the end user.
- Provide patch support and RHEL operating system upgrade on a monthly basis for security patching for Linux servers.
- Manage disk configurations using LVM on local servers as well as on NFS systems.
- Grade 12 / Matric (Essential).
- Three-year higher diploma in computer science / computer engineering.
- Azure certification. (Essential)
- Linux certification (preferable).
Experience / skills –
- More than three years of experience in systems administration / SysOps engineer / DevOps engineer / Network administrator (Essential).
- Two or more years of active Microsoft Azure experience (MCSA would be preferred).
- Experience in Linux management and installation (Ubuntu / Debian and Centos / RedHat).
- Database configuration and maintenance – must include PostgreSQL, MSSQL and MySQL.
- DevOps and Agile principles.
- Bash scriptwriting experience.
- VPN management (OpenVPN and IPSec).
- HTTPD / Apache2 and Nginx configuration and maintenance.
- Strong knowledge of protocols such as DNS, HTTP, LDAP, SMTP and SNMP.
- Experience with firewalls, including FireWallD and IPTables.
While we would really love to respond to every application, if you are not contacted for this position within 10 business days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
When you apply for jobs, make sure you have the minimum requirements for the job. Alone Citizens of South Africa will be considered for this role. If you are not at the location listed for any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all job applications and correspondence. Please send a Word copy of your CV to target = “_ blank and mention the job reference numbers. We have a job listing at http://www.datafin.com. Datafin IT Recruitment – Cape Town Jobs.
Skills / Personal Attributes
SysOps, Engineer, PTA,
Posted on Sep 07, 4:24 PM