The summer transfer window is in its final month for the big European leagues, which means the biggest clubs are looking to make a splash in the market before the start of the new season. Check out the latest gossip below, and check out all the official offers here.
TOP STORY: Man City’s Silva could head to Barca
Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola has already admitted that Bernardo Silva could leave the Etihad.
This has come with City looking to spend big, as they have already signed Jack Grealish from Aston Villa, while they have also been linked with Harry Kane from Tottenham Hotspur and former Barcelona star Lionel Messi, who appears now more likely to join Paris Saint-Germain.
The Sun have now added to that, saying the Portuguese midfielder is expected to have showdown talks with the aim of getting a cheap transfer through to Barcelona.
The 26-year-old is keen to play in La Liga and Jorge Mendes is already trying to negotiate a move to the Catalan giants with Silva being deemed to be in excess of Guardiola’s demands.
City will not listen to any offers below £ 45million – an amount Barcelona likely won’t pay due to their financial difficulties.
With his heart set on Camp Nou, Silva will plead with Guardiola to let him join Barcelona, with the report suggesting they may have enough funds for a cheap deal after Messi leaves.
It seems pretty clear that Silva’s stay in Manchester is coming to an end after four years, but questions remain as to whether the former Monegasque will be able to move to his preferred destination.
– Marcotti: How this Messi-Barca saga will unfold
– Stream ESPN FC Daily on ESPN + (US only)
– Real Madrid are awaiting a call from PSG president Nasser Al-Khelaifi regarding Kylian Mbappé, according to Marca. Los Blancos are prepared in case they need to act quickly, especially if Messi joins the Parisians after leaving Barcelona. They are currently focused on offloading players and will only make a move for Mbappe if they believe it will be successful.
– The Internazionale is negotiating with Chelsea regarding a move to Romelu Lukaku, but they are not ready to accept Davide Zappacosta or Marcos Alonso as part of any deal, Calciomercato reports. The Serie A champions are said to want between € 115m and € 120m as they seek out a right-back and two forwards. PSV Eindhoven Denzel Dumfries is their preferred option for the right flank, while the attackers they are considering are those of Atalanta Duvan Zapata, Lazio Joaquin Corréa, that of Sassuolo Gianluca Scamaca and the Roma Edin dzeko.
– West Ham United look to sign Nikola Milenkovic from Fiorentina, but L’Equipe say Hammers have rekindled their interest in Marseille center-back Duje Caleta-Car. Their initial offer is 14 million euros which can reach 17 million euros, but the Ligue 1 side want a sum of around 20 million euros.
– AC Milan are interested in signing River Plate Julien alvarez, as reported by Calciomercato. The Boy Scouts have been watching the 21-year-old for quite some time and apparently like what they see. The two clubs have opened negotiations but Alvarez has a € 25million release clause while he is also on the radar of Premier League clubs including Aston Villa.
– Newcastle United lead the race to sign Manchester United center-back Axel Tuanzebe on loan because they’re more likely to give him regular playing time, Football Insider reports. Villa is also interested, according to the report, and willing to pay the multi-million pound loan fees, although Tyrone ming and Ezri Konsa could embarrass the 23-year-old.