There are many “ free ” plans available, covering multiple iPhone models, including:
- iPhone 11
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8 and 8 Plus
- iPhone 7 and 7 Plus
- iPhone 6s and 6s Plus
- iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iphone 5s
- iPhone 5
See many more “free” phone deals here.
How to get a “ free ” iPhone monthly payment offer
It couldn’t be easier to find an iPhone plan with no upfront cost. Just look at the top of this page and you’ll see plenty of options already on offer for you, including the ability to choose a “ free ” phone. If you want to narrow your search, use the filters to select everything from the specific iPhone model to how much data is included in your monthly plan.
You can also head to this Broadband Choices page for even more great iPhone deals, including some with unlimited data.
Best iPhone Deals This Month
How do the “ free ” iPhone deals work?
These plans are designed for people who want an iPhone, but don’t want to spend a lot of money at the same time.
Say, for example, you want an iPhone 7, but you don’t have more than £ 100 to blow it all up at once. One of those “ free ” mobile plans means you don’t have to pay anything up front – instead, you spread the cost over the term of the contract.
The trade-off is that you will usually end up spending more than you would if you prepaid or buy the phone directly. But for some people, it’s the most affordable way to get their hands on Apple’s latest wonderful phone.
What’s the cheapest iPhone plan?
The cheapest iPhone plan will depend on when you watch, as the deals change all the time. The easiest thing to do is sort by cost in our comparison tool. Still, here are a few other tips that can help you save a little on the bill:
- Use a reseller – These companies offer plans for large networks, including Three, O2, Vodafone and EE, which are often significantly cheaper than going directly through the network. If you want the cheapest plan possible, you should definitely take a look at what they are offering. Learn more about resellers in our guide.
- Get an older iPhone model – The latest iPhone may grab the headlines, but the older models are still great phones. Choosing a one or two year old model, like the iPhone 6s or 6s Plus, for example, significantly reduces the price, as well as the possibility of getting a cheap plan with no upfront costs.
- Get a refurbished iPhone – These are used handsets that have been refurbished, so they are in good condition and in perfect working order. Not everyone is comfortable with a refurbished phone, but if you want the cheapest plan possible, this is probably the one.
What’s good about “free” iPhone plans?
- Spreads the cost of the handset – It’s easier to absorb the cost of an iPhone X when the payments are spread over a two-year contract rather than a single lump sum.
- Makes the more expensive iPhones affordable – iPhones have changed a lot over the years, but one thing is constant – they are really expensive! These types of plans put them within the reach of more people.
- Lots of Choices Available – Many networks and resellers offer monthly iPhone contracts with no upfront fees, so you should be able to find the right one for you.
What’s Wrong About “Free” iPhone Plans?
- They are not free – We just want to stress that. You might not pay anything up front, but you still pay for that phone.
- More expensive in the long run – You will likely end up paying more than the value of the phone over the course of your contract. Either buying the phone outright and getting a SIM-only deal, or getting a plan with an upfront payment will cost less overall.
- Long term of contract – A standard contract with no initial cost can last 24 months. This spreads the cost, but it also locks you in for longer than you might be comfortable with.