DALLAS, July 23, 2020 / PRNewswire / – AT & T’s 5G network * is live for consumers and businesses across the country starting today, built on the country’s best and fastest wireless network.1
“Just as our lives have changed over the past few months, our expectations for wireless technology have changed,” said Jeff McElfresh, CEO of AT&T Communications. “With AT&T 5G nationwide, our network begins the journey to transform connectivity as we know it by setting a breathtaking new bar of experiences and improved efficiency. Businesses, developers and consumers are already harnessing the potential of 5G and we are excited for the customers. across the United States to experience it for themselves. It is an exciting time in the field of technology. “
We designed AT&T 5G with our customers in mind, because today they are more connected than ever. 5G will improve the things we do today and ultimately improve those experiences overall. And now that our 5G signal is reaching customers across the country, there are some immediate benefits they can enjoy right away, including:
- AT&T 5G offers in all the countries connectivitySo whether you’re at home or on the go, you’ll get 5G coverage in more places. 2 And the speed of 5G means fast downloads and very little lag time for all your on-demand entertainment and favorite mobile games. Capacity increase The capabilities of 5G will ultimately bring more bandwidth to handle all of your devices at once – from your smartphone to your smartwatch, to your connected car and beyond!
- Departure August 7, we are adding 5G access to our AT&T Unlimited Starter wireless plan for consumers from $ 35/ month for 4 lines. This means that access to the AT&T 5G network will be at no additional cost for customers of any of our AT&T Unlimited Starter, Extra and Elite plans.3
- Beginner also August 7, we’re adding 5G access to our AT&T Business Unlimited Web-Only and Starter plans. It means Company clients with one of our AT&T Business Unlimited Web-Only, Starter, Performance, and Elite plans, you’ll get 5G access at no additional cost. 4
- Lots of cool devices, including the Samsung Galaxy Note10 + 5G, Samsung Galaxy S20 Family, Samsung Galaxy A71 5G, LG V60 ThinQ 5G, and LG VELVET 5G (with more coming soon).
- And our prepaid consumers If you are looking for a 5G service without an annual contract and without a credit check, you have two options:
AT&T 5G promises businesses and consumers a whole new kind of network.
- 5G is already having a significant impact on the way businesses operate (https://www.business.att.com/learn/5G/). Now, with 5G nationwide, we can create even more personalized experiences for businesses to engage with customers in new and exciting ways, whether it’s a small or a large one. business.
- We’re already seeing the impact of 5G on the entertainment we consume in the home today, but as it progresses it can power more immersive, multisensory digital content like AR / VR that offers consumers an unparalleled interactive experience, live games and new experiences with connected devices such as your household appliances, your security system or even your toothbrush.
- And as America looks to the future, technologies like 5G are going to play a huge role in shaping the future of all industries – with a particular focus on healthcare, manufacturing, retail and live entertainment. Thanks to AT & T’s mmWave 5G technology (now available in parts of 35 cities across the country), we can enable those lightning-fast speeds and responsive connections.
“Our strategy of deploying 5G in the sub-6 (5G) and mmWave (5G +) spectrum bands will provide the best mix of speeds, latency and coverage that are needed to enable breakthrough new capabilities to fuel the experiences. 5G for consumers and businesses, ”said Chris Sambar, executive vice president of technology operations. “Our competitors are always striving to deliver the same mix, which for them could take months or even years. What we offer is available to consumers and businesses today, and we’re not slowing down. As we have done throughout our 144-year history, we will continue to innovate and invest in our network to extend our 5G coverage to more consumers and businesses across the country. “
Learn more about AT & T’s 5G network at att.com/5gforyou.
1 Best network based on GWS OneScore, September 2019. Based on the fastest on analysis through Ookla® of Median download speeds of Speedtest Intelligence® data for the second quarter of 2020. Ookla trademarks used under license and reprinted with permission.
2 Plan and device compatible with AT&T 5G req. 5G service may not be available in your area. Go to att.com/5Gforyou for more details.
3 AT&T may temporarily slow down the data speed if the network is busy. Price requires AT&T Unlimited Starter, Automatic payment and paperless invoice. Taxes and additional charges.
4 Business Unlimited Web only and Business Unlimited Starter: AT&T may temporarily slow down data speeds if the network is busy. Business Unlimited Performance: After 50 GB, AT&T may temporarily slow down data speeds if the network is busy.
* About AT&T Communications
We help family, friends and neighbors connect meaningfully every day. From the first phone call over 140 years ago to mobile video streaming, we innovate to improve lives. We have the fastest wireless network in the country. ** And according to the largest US test, we have the best wireless network in the country. *** We are building FirstNet just for first responders and the creation of next-gen mobile 5G. With a line of TV and video products, we deliver entertainment that people love to talk about. Our smart, highly secure solutions serve nearly 3 million businesses worldwide – almost every Fortune 1000 company. And around the world, our spirit of service inspires employees to give back to their communities.
AT&T Communications is part of AT&T Inc. (NYSE: T). Learn more about att.com/CommunicationsNews.
AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc. Additional information on AT&T products and services can be found at about.att.com. Follow our news on Twitter at @ATT, on Facebook at facebook.com/att and on YouTube at youtube.com/att.
© 2020 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved. AT&T, the Globe logo and other marks are trademarks and service marks of AT&T Intellectual Property and / or companies affiliated with AT&T. All other trademarks contained in this document are the property of their respective owners.
Best US Network Based on GWS OneScore Sep 2019; The fastest network in the country based on Ookla® analysis of median download speeds of Speedtest Intelligence® data for the second quarter of 2020. Ookla trademarks used under license and reprinted with permission.
SOURCE AT&T Communications